“I won’t break my agreement or go back on my word.” Psalm 89:34
While driving along the road we saw an old long classy car perhaps from the 1960’s for sale. My mind went back to my childhood during the World War II days when it was very hard to purchase a new car. Finally around 1950 my parents purchased a nice new black Buick. Then for several years, the style of new cars seemed to become longer and very classy looking. In those days gas was cheap, and during a gas war between gas stations, you could purchase gas for about 20 cents a gallon or maybe cheaper. One dollar of gas could take you quite a distance. How far would you get on one dollar of gas today?
The above example is only a small example of how everything has changed so quickly in the world. We purchase cell phones or computers and hardly start to use them, when new and better ones are on the market. You buy clothing, and by next year it may be out of fashion. Moral principles given by God in the Bible are thrown out by many people – the results are confusing our children and are bringing disaster to our modern “do what feels best for yourself” society. Churches that once preached the unadulterated Word of God, have watered it down to get people to attend and not feel uncomfortable.
Thank God our faith and trust and hope is in a God Who does not change. “For I am the Lord, I do not change.” Malachi 3:6a (AMPC) All the world – its ideas and fashions; its rebellion against God and the truths of His Word will come to an end. “And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.” I John 2:17 (NLT)
What are some of the things of God that cannot change?
• The attributes of God. He has, is and always will be the Eternal, everlasting God; the Omnipotent all-powerful God; the Omniscient all-knowing God; the Omnipresent – God is everywhere.
• The absolute truthful God – “God cannot tell lies! And so his promises and vows are two things that can never be changed. We have run to God for safety. Now his promises should greatly encourage us to take hold of the hope that is right in front of us.” Hebrews 6:18a (CEV)
• He and His works are perfect. “He is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are law and justice. A God of faithfulness without breach or deviation, just and right is He.” Deuteronomy 32:4 (AMPC)
• God is absolute perfection in everything – perfect holiness, wisdom, and truth. He never makes a mistake. So, when our faith and trust is in this perfect God, the world can do what it wants, but He remains the same.
• He lives forever. “The earth and sky will end, but You will live forever!…But You never change. You will live forever!” Psalm 102:26a,27
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8